Thursday 19 February 2015

Pancake Thursday {Healthy Edition}

When pancake day comes along all I think of is the unhealthy piles of crap we can pile on top of them; ice cream, chocolate, sauce, flakes... etc, etc...

So, I thought this pancake day, I'd do something a little bit different - and I found a healthy alternative, which tastes just as good!
Unfortunately, my pancake day was belated due to working but I've finally had my fair share today!


I brought bananas, eggs, lemon juice, raspberries, natural yogurt, nutella, and this new super cute mini pan to make perfectly round pancakes!


So, pancakes are pretty simple anyway right? but this healthy option is even easier. Cut up 2 bananas and add 4 eggs, put it in the processor, mix it up until it's all liquified and your 'batter' is ready!
I made double the amount for me and my mum, so if you're only making them for one person you only need 2 eggs and one banana.


Fry the 'batter' like a normal pancake... and Voila! There you have it, you're perfectly healthy and super easy pancakes!


These were mine all stacked up. I had yogurt, raspberries, chopped up banana, white chocolate chips and honey on mine, but there were plenty of other healthy options I wanted to have, like peanut butter and banana, the classic - lemon and sugar, apple and cinnamon or even strawberries and frozen yogurt!

Has anyone else made these healthy alternative pancakes before?
and how were all your pancakes?!
Think I might have to make up for the healthiness by having some with ice cream tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these look delicious! They sound like a great healthy alternative to regular pancakes ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are healthy AND quicker to make than regular pancakes! bye bye toast, hello pancake tuesday every morning...

    - iona
    littlecutouts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so good and yummy despite being healthy, so nice <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner