Monday 29 December 2014

My Gingerbread House


This is a bit of a late post, but before Christmas I made a Ginger Bread House!
& I'm so pleased with it and how cute it is!
I used this recipe from BBC Good Food, and you can do the same it's really so easy!
We even used it as a centre piece for the table on Christmas Day.


All you need is Icing Sugar, Plain Flour, Brown Muscovado Sugar, Ginger, Unsalted Butter, Baking Powder, 2 eggs and Golden Syrup... & Just pick whatever you want to decorate! I had shredded wheat, Dolly Mixture, Chocolate Buttons, Chocolate Fingers and Jelly Beans.

1. Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan. 

2. Mix this mixture into the bowl of flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.


3. Roll out the ginger bread and cut out the shapes using the template.

4. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes

5. Let the ginger bread cool and make your icing, egg whites and icing sugar, and prepare for the making! This is the fun bit, and you can do it however you want! I have a pinterest folder of my favourite ginger bread houses that I have found on there.
[I made it on my mum's account on her iPad hence why it's not my disabledmabel account!]





Do it all section by section and wait for it to dry overnight when you put the walls and roof together! I used elastic bands incase it fell down but it would have been fine without I think.
Remember to be patient - it can be a little bit fiddly!


I'm so pleased with how my little gingerbread house came out!
Has anyone else made one this Christmas?


Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Tumblr }

13 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread house looks absolutely amazing! If I had done one it would have looked like a 5 year old had done it!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're actually a lot easier than you would expect!
      And my mum moaned at me for being a perfectionist, apparently the fun of making a ginger bread house is the fact that it's not perfect...
      haha!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, your gingerbread house is adorable! You made it wonderfully ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty gingerbread house. I'd live in it. I wish I had the gifted hand to create something like this omg.

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, that'd be awesome if you could live in a gingerbread house!
      it is very simple you should give it a go!

      x

      Delete
  4. It looks amazing! You're very creative. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Laura | Blonde and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, have to remember this for next year!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously so cute, and the design of the house is very unique! I'm definitely doing this next year...but maybe I'll make one in February, Valentine's Day theme. :-P
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is incredible! I used the BBC good food recipe and templates too but yours looks so much more professional although I was very proud of mine!! So much fun! I never thought of using elastic bands, great idea.

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner