Saturday 18 October 2014

Pink Power


It's October! BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH for those of you who do not know! Breast Cancer Awareness month is about raising awareness of the disease, but also about raising money for the researchers to continue to get closer to finding a cure for cancer.
Which is why I have done these pink ribbon and rose nails, get your pink on ladies!

Breast Cancer Research UK is a charity that is close to my heart because last year a close family friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went through chemo, sickness, hair loss - the whole evil cancer show.

As I am a photography student, Brenda offered to let me do my project on her and follow her through her journey of chemotherapy. I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to show you all the final piece that I worked on for my degree, which transformed me from a photography lover to a video lover!
Please please please watch and support my video!
{You can also watch it more clearly here, on vimeo.}



Since filming took place, my family and I also did our best to raise money with a raffle and cake day, we managed to raise over £600 for Breast Cancer UK with the most simple fundraising ideas - think how much more you could do!

In the 1970's only 5 out of 10 women survived breast cancer. Now more than 8 out of 10 women survive. Our fundraising is working and providing answers for researchers to help more people survive the disease. So I want to urge you all to get involved and start fundraising today!

Oh and one more thing...

BRENDA GOT A YEAR'S ALL CLEAR! 
And I really hope it stays that way!

Stay safe women,
and remember...
A feel a day keeps the doctor away!



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your video! The in and out of focus and the close-ups work so well in creating the mood - amazing job, well done!!

    Laura | elelibee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm proud of it, can't wait to start my next video based on dementia! keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  2. Appreciate your bllog post

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner